My work focuses on self-compassion,
and discovering the mystery
in our everyday lives.
Hello, I’m Vanessa Sage, and I’m so glad you’re here!
I have a PhD in Cultural Anthropology, and spent a good decade of my life thinking I was going to be a professor. But the thing is, I wanted to do this instead! So, I left what was safe and stepped out into the complete unknown.
At the core, everything I do is about:
- Finding deeper meaning and connection
- Discovering a sense of wonder and awe in the everyday
- Embodying a deep acceptance of oneself as powerful and beautiful
My Aim is that You Experience:
- A real felt sense of belonging and worthiness
- A greater experience of peace and purpose
- An increased connection to self, others and spirit
- Deep healing that comes from your own empowered knowing
- Confidence in yourself!
I’m a soft place to land in a world that tries to tell us we aren’t lovable or worthy.
- Blue is my favourite colour.
- I don’t feel like myself without blue streaks in my hair.
- Lavender, sage and salt air are my favourite scents.
- I adore flowers but can’t seem to grow them or keep plants alive.
- Poetry is my first love. I not-so-secretly wish we lived in a world where poets made as much money as lawyers. Pass it on!
- I don’t have my driver’s licence. Sometimes I think I skipped a step into adulthood but who I am I kidding I have a hard time not looking up at the sky when I’m on a bike!
- My first fieldwork experience was when I was an undergrad, and I decided to go to Glastonbury to study Goddess pilgrimage. I published a paper on my work, and presented the research at Cambridge University. That was pretty neat!
- I’ve also studied Western Buddhist youth, the Romantic Movement’s influence on contemporary Paganism, crop circles as a new religious movement, and how hope for a city was embodied in a local arts scene (that was the PhD).
- I once proposed to do my graduate work in England on how spirituality takes material form in trees, crop circles, stained glass and ruins. I still want to do that research.
- In a former life I was a stage manager, and co-founded and managed a successful Shakespeare in the park theatre company.
- I’ve also trained as a Neuropsychology coach and taught Insight Meditation at a Yoga studio.
- I’m super goofy, have an ironic sense of humour, and I offer tea and cookies (virtual or otherwise) whenever I can!
- I’m a TOTAL tarot geek! In the over 20 years I’ve been drawing cards, my deck collection, love and passion for the tarot just keeps growing.
- Along with being a Buddhist with a deep love of the Goddess, my spirituality is an undefined Earth Path (and I like it that way).
- I started drumming just after my 40th Birthday because I didn’t want to get to the end of my life and only wished I had drummed. We’ll call my drumming intuitive. Really, it simply brings me joy.
- …And Kermit the Frog is my hero. Seriously, he was the first dreamer to come into my life and say that dreaming is worth doing. Plus, he’s a bit of a worry wort which made me feel normal. Feeling normal when you really feel green is great!
I believe listening to your inner voice is everything!
“This woman, this Priestess, knows Love as a force and has
the gentleness and wisdom to share in a way that all can benefit
in whatever way one needs.”
Send us an Email:
“To say working with Vanessa changed my life is a bit of an understatement. The teaching Vanessa offers and the way she holds space has healed my soul and brought me back to myself in so many ways.” -Love Letter Reader
More of My Writing:
Note: All photos are my own.